Social Justice Ministries Council
The Social Justice Ministries Council (SJMC) is a committee designed to address the social justice issues that concern our congregants and to help foster a “culture of social justice” in our church community. The council will comprise of representatives from our justice ministries, individual congregants, our minister, and a board liaison.
The Council will:
- Amplify the work of our existing justice ministries in our congregation;
- Address the relationship between social justice and the tenets of our UU faith;
- Create space in our congregation to address social justice issues as a community (this could be through sermons, coffee hour discussions, workshops, evening meetings, etc.);
- Help the congregation connect their social justice work with activist organizations outside the church and the social justice work of the UUA;
- Help support social justice work in the broader community (the support could be through donations, volunteering, etc.).
All are Welcome! Meetings are scheduled based on participants’ availability. For dates and more information, please contact Ginger Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or Colleen Pearce at email@example.com