Social Justice Ministries Council
The Social Justice Ministries Council (SJMC) is a committee designed to address the social justice issues that concern our congregants and to help foster a “culture of social justice” in our church community. The council will comprise of representatives from our justice ministries, individual congregants, our minister, and a board liaison.
The Council will:
- Amplify the work of our existing justice ministries in our congregation;
- Address the relationship between social justice and the tenets of our UU faith;
- Create space in our congregation to address social justice issues as a community (this could be through sermons, coffee hour discussions, workshops, evening meetings, etc.);
- Help the congregation connect their social justice work with activist organizations outside the church and the social justice work of the UUA;
- Help support social justice work in the broader community (the support could be through donations, volunteering, etc.).
Fall 2017: Anti-Racism Workshop Series
Click here for more information and to register.