Renting Our Facilities
Those wishing to use our facilities are strongly encouraged to make reservations in a timely manner to best ensure availability on your preferred date(s). Rental of Harvard Unitarian Universalist Church facilities is initiated by application and must be approved.
We encourage you to schedule a tour of our buildings and grounds if that is convenient. To do so please send an email to email@example.com and we will respond promptly.
We can assist you in finding the perfect space in our facilities for your sacred event, rite of passage, class, meeting, or party. We will also provide information on what the various pricing options are based upon the event you have in mind.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
Fees and Payments
- The rentals fees and professional staff fees are separate.
- Separate fees for the minister and the organist are payable directly to each.
- 50% of the Facility Rental Fee and the appropriate completed forms are required to secure your rental. Two separate checks, one for the remaining 50% Rental Fee and another for the Security Deposit (50% of Rental Fee) are due 14 days prior to the event.
- All payments must be in cash or by check, payable to the Harvard Unitarian Universalist Church.
- Facility rental rates are in two, four, or eight-hour blocks. Additional per-hour fees apply beyond the designated block. Rates apply from time of entrance until the time that cleanup is complete.
Cancellation and Refunds
For one-time use rentals: Should you need to cancel your reservation, the following guidelines will determine the refund available.
If notified 60 days or more before the event, we will refund the 50% Facility Rental Fee that you provided.
If notified less than 60 days before the event, we will not refund the 50% Facility Rental Fee that you provided. However, we will work with you to reschedule the same event for a different future date.
Acknowledgement of Use Policies
All renters are responsible for adhering to the Use Policies and Renter Responsibilities. Signing Form A (part of the application process) is considered acknowledgement and acceptance of renter’s responsibilities.
Renter Checklist for Reservations
- Review the Harvard Unitarian Universalist Church facilities use information on this website, including Building Use Policies and Renter’s Responsibilities.
- We encourage you to visit our facilities before making a reservation.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check date/space(s) availability. Event will be tentatively placed on the Church calendar for 30 days.
- To confirm your date and reservation, complete the following forms:
- For Weddings: Form A (Facilities Use) and Form B (Wedding Service)
- For Memorial Services/Funerals: Form A (Facilities Use) and Form C (Memorial Service)
- For one time (neither Wedding nor Memorial/funeral): Form A (Facilities Use)
- For repeat users (more than five times per year): Form A (Facilities Use)
- Return forms along with the security deposit (50% of facilities rental fee) to Harvard UU Church. Reservation is not complete until deposit is received.