We are delighted that you are considering our beautiful facilities for your sacred event, rite of passage, recital, class, meeting, or party. We have significant experience in hosting a wide range of events and look forward to helping you as you plan yours.
We encourage you to schedule a tour of our buildings and grounds if that is convenient. To do so please send an email to email@example.com and we will respond promptly.
The Church and the Fellowship Building are two separate buildings, which are street-level accessible for all abilities, with street and lot parking available.
Beautifully situated at the top of the Harvard Common, the Church and its Sanctuary are available for weddings, child dedications, funerals, memorial services, and other ceremonies. The Sanctuary’s superb acoustics offer an exceptional space for recitals, concerts, and other performances.
The sanctuary seats 150 people. Up to 200 people can be accommodated if the church’s folding chairs and the choir loft seating are used. Restrooms and a coat closet are conveniently located off the foyer.
Rental of the sanctuary includes:
- The Sanctuary space
- Professional sound system (including microphones and assisted-listening devices)
- Kitchenette (at back of Sanctuary, perfect for light refreshments and coffee)
- Reception area (if extra seating is not needed)
- Dressing/changing area with full length mirror
- Waiting areas
- Ticket sales/registration space (foyer)
- Steinway piano*
*Use of any of the musical instruments is at the discretion of the church’s Music Director. (see Use Policies)
- The Sanctuary is available for uses in keeping with the religious nature of the space.
- Selling of merchandise is not allowed in the Sanctuary.
- Sales are allowed in the foyer, but are limited to performance-related items such as the selling of tickets, music, and books.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Church building or its surrounding grounds, but may be allowed in the Fellowship Building with conditions.
THE FELLOWSHIP BUILDING
The Fellowship Building, built in 2010, is located across a side street from the church, down a long shaded driveway. The building is situated in a lovely, sunlit open space surrounded by mature woods. There is a parking lot at the front of the building.
The building includes a large foyer, open coat closet, accessible restrooms, a fully equipped “warming” kitchen, and an outdoor patio. Rooms include Sutherland Hall, the Charlanne Van Wormer Community Room, and several classrooms. Most rooms are rented individually. Whole-building rental is also available. The restrooms and a coat closet are conveniently located off the foyer.
This large function room can accommodate 110 seated. The space is a perfect venue for wedding receptions, celebrations, family reunions, birthday parties, and business functions. It is also available for exercise, yoga, and dance classes..
Between 80-110 people can be accommodated for a formal dinner. Many factors influence the seating capacity, including space for a dance floor, a disc jockey setup, or stage/platform. To accommodate 110 diners, a buffet must be set up in the foyer.
Rental of Sutherland Hall includes:
- Use of foyer (as this is the primary entrance for staff and other renters, use is not always exclusive)
- Coat closet
- Adjacent patio
- Tables, both rectangular and round
- Public address system (with amp and microphone)
Adjacent to Sutherland Hall is a large, well-equipped “warming” kitchen for preparing food and drinks for all occasions. The kitchen includes two stoves and ovens, a commercial-grade Hobart dishwasher, several sinks, ample countertop space, large coffee makers, pots and pans, cooking utensils, and more. (see Equipment List )
Charlanne Van Wormer Community Room
The Community Room accommodates 15 to 20 people. It is nicely furnished with comfortable couches and armchairs. In addition, there is a large conference/dining table with chairs for work and dining.
Classrooms and Nursery
There are four classrooms and a nursery available with rental of the entire Fellowship Building. These work well as breakout space.
- The Fellowship Building is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Interference with our neighbors’ enjoyment of their homes is not acceptable.
- All events must end no later than 10 p.m. with a quiet cleanup time until 11:00 p.m.
- The FB is a green building. We adhere to earth-friendly principles of conservation and sustainability and expect our renters to do the same.
- There are specific limitations on alcohol use in the Fellowship Building. (see Use Policies and Renter Responsibilities )