Being In Solidarity
Date(s) - 03/24/2019
11:45 am - 1:30 pm
A workshop facilitated by Karlene Griffits Sekou, Speaker and BLM Boston Core Organizer.
In this workshop, Karlene will work with our congregation to:
- Challenge harmful dominant narratives through use of storytelling, film, and case study
- Build capacity for generative conversations about race, healing justice, active resistance, and justice
- Discuss the Radical BLM Freedom struggle and BLM’s role in it today
- Offer a framework for collective work across boundaries and differences
- Discuss emergent implications of privilege, appropriation, White supremacy, White backlash, racism, discrimination, cultural bias, and other confusing jargon terms
When: Sunday, March 24th, 11:45 – 1:30pm. A light lunch will be served from 11:15- 11:45am. Childcare provided.
Where: The Fellowship Building
Sign up appreciated but not necessary. Contact Ginger Kendall after church or at email@example.com
Sponsored by the Social Justice Ministries Council