As new cases of the coronavirus (CoVid-19) are reported in the United States and around the world, the congregation is called to education and caution. Here are a few basic guidelines.
We ask that you follow these precautions even if you yourself are not at risk, as many members of our community are at a high risk.
- Wash your hands frequently–use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your elbow or a tissue, not your hand. Wash immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, and eyes, with unwashed hands.
- Regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces including keyboards, elevator buttons, and door knobs.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Greet others in non-physical or low-contact ways, expecially during coffee hour.
HUUC will follow best practices recommended by health authorities. Sections of our service will be changed to reduce the spread of germs. Hygiene protocols in our kids’ programs are being increased. If the suspension of large gatherings is recommended, we may suspend services and other programming. Events may be live-streamed instead of held in person. Major cancellations will be announced on our website.