ANNUAL BENEFIT AUCTION
Join us on Saturday, April 4, 2020, for our annual dinner party and benefit auction in Fellowship Building. The theme this year is ROARING IN THE 20s. We encourage you to come dressed in your 20s finery-think feathers, boas, fedoras, and flapper outfits. Be prepared for an evening of food, fun, and fabulous finds. All proceeds from the dinner and auction benefit the church. Event Co-Chairs: Edie Joyce and Heidi Bachmann. For more information contact Heidi Bachmann at h.bachmann72@gmail
5:00 p.m. Doors Open & Silent Auction Begins (Mingling, Appetizers & Beverages*)
6:15 p.m. Potluck Dinner
6:30 Silent Auction begins to close
7:15 p.m. Live Auction with Jim Colony
*This is a BYOB event.
Reservation and Donation Forms and Links
Volunteer & Food Signup Form
We Need Your Donations!
This year’s Roaring in the 20s Auction promises to be another huge success and it starts with your donations!
April may seem like a long way away, but it’s not too soon for you to start thinking about what you can donate to the auction this year. Can you host a dinner party, or offer a vacation home? Maybe you have treasures that no longer spark joy and are ready for a new home. Can you offer a class or lead a group on a tour? Themed baskets are always of interest. Or perhaps you can lead a class or nature walk, bake cookies? Get creative, team up with fellow congregants, and help make our 2020 auction catalog the best one ever! For more ideas, check out the poster board in church this week, and thank you in advance for your generosity!
Share your talents and hobbies:
- Teach knitting, crocheting, painting or?
- Offer bridge or chess lessons, ski instruction, or?
- Instruct others in photography, gardening, or?
- Explain the best cooking or baking techniques
- Lead a meditative walk in our beautiful surroundings
What service are you just dying to offer?
- Care package sent to a college student
- Outbid Uber and offer a ride to Logan
- Offer to clean-out and dispose of old clutter
- Create a special woodworking project
- Provide architectural or interior design advice
Arts and entertainment opportunities abound in our area. Be creative and offer:
- Indian Hill Concert tickets –perhaps with dinner
- Tower Hill Botanical Gardens tour – including lunch or dinner
- Guided tour of the Russian Icon Museum
- Fitchburg Art Museum admission with lunch
- Museum of Fine Arts special exhibits tickets
Support your local merchant (and the Church) with a gift certificate to:
- A local restaurant
- A movie house of your choice
- A day at your favorite spa or a massage or facial
- Kimball’s Ice Cream
- The Harvard General Store
Join with other UU (or not) friends to offer an opportunity to share:
- A special dinner with your favorite menu
- A round of golf at Shaker Hills or Red Tail
- A kids event at Kimball’s, the Heifer Farm, or another local attraction
- A meditative experience connecting with our beautiful landscape
Want to get away? Make it possible by
- A week at your vacation home in themountains (or wherever)
- Tickets for the Red Sox, Bruins,Celtics or our Super Bowl ChampionPats
- A ski weekend at a nearby resort
- A week or weekend at your time share hideaway
Assemble a basket of special items:
- Treats for a cat or dog (or whatever)lover
- Cheeses with matching cracker treats
- Wines from France, California or yourfavorite region
- Chocolates for a chocoholic
- Spa items like bath salts, soap, loofa,candles
- Coffees and teas
Want to host an event but don’t have the
Use the Fellowship Building for a:
- Country line or swing dance party
- Charades or mixed game night
- Moth-style story hour or TED Talk
- Black and white dinner party
- Movie night